Interactive Brokers Tightens KYC/AML rules
Popular international broker Interactive Brokers has begun blocking client accounts in several emerging markets. This is reported by several world and regional media.
According to media reports, a number of IBKR clients were faced with their accounts being blocked. Such steps may be related to the tightening of the company's internal regulations regarding the rules for Anti-money laundering (KYC / AML).
Experts name several suspicious actions that can serve as a reason for blocking accounts:
- The client's residence does not coincide with the country to which funds are withdrawn;
- Deposit/withdrawal of funds to different accounts and banks;
- Withdrawing/depositing small sums too often;
- Using VPN for trading or trading from outside the residential country;
- Very low trading activity.
To know all the pros and cons of the broker, as well as customer feedback on its work, read the Interactive Brokers expert review on the Forex-Up portal.